Careers at New Horizons Behavioral Health Center
We’re hiring. Apply now!
Mental Health Specialist
New Horizons Behavioral Health Center, LLC is home and community based organization dedicated to providing Psychosocial Skills Rehabilitation (PSR) and Community Psychiatric Supportive Treatment (CPST) services to children, adolescents, and adults in the community.
With our primary office based in Central, LA, service coverage extends throughout East Baton Rouge, West Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, West Feliciana, Livingston, St. Helena, Pointe Coupee, and Iberville parishes. Our services are provided in homes, schools, community and office settings and primarily serve clients with Medicaid.
- Has a Bachelors degree in a social science field (Ex: social work, sociology, psychology, criminal justice)
- Has a minimum of 1 year experience working in case management or CPST/PSR servicesFlexible work schedule- hours and time vary based on client availability and scheduling. May need to work some evenings and weekends to ensure hours are met
- Must be 21 years old
- Must have a valid driver’s license and transportation (reliable vehicle)
- Social Security Card
- Valid auto insurance
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Provides PSR and CPST to individuals assigned to the employees caseload
- Assists clients in developing goals of treatment
- Assists clients in restoring, rehabilitating, and developing social and interpersonal skills
- Identify, enhance, and establish support networks, community awareness, coping strategies, and improve functioning in the individual’s social environments
- Attend monthly staff meetings
- Submit accurate EMR documentation in accordance with clinical standards and by office deadlines
- Functions well in a crisis
- Accepts supervision
- Willing to travel to servicing parishes
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.